◆ The surface structure, surface reaction and surface catalytic mechanism of metal oxide surfaces;
◆ The structural, electronic, and optical properties of metal oxide semiconductor surfaces and nanostructures;
◆ Theoretical prediction of two-dimensional materials and topological materials.
◆ Sep 2005-Jan 2010: Ph. D. inCondensed Matter Physics, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, ChineseAcademy of Sciences, Beijing, China
◆ Sep 2001-Jul 2005: B. Sc. inPhysics, School of Physics, Shandong University
◆ Aug 2012-present: Associate Professor in Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
◆ Mar 2010-Jul 2011: Senior Research Associate in City University of Hong Kong
◆ Jul 2008-Dec 2009: Research Assistantin City University of Hong Kong
◆ Oct 2006-Apr 2007: VisitingScholar in University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Honors & Awards
◆ 2017, Guangdong Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar
◆ 2017, Young Top-Notch Talent of Special Support Program in Guangdong Province, China
10. "Ferromagnetic Weyl fermions in CrO2", R. Wang, Y. J. Jin, J. Z. Zhao, Z. J. Chen, Y. J. Zhao, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. B 97, 195157 (2018).
9. "Nodal line fermions in magnetic oxides", R. Wang, J. Z. Zhao, Y. J. Jin, Y. P. Du, Y. X. Zhao*, H. Xu*, and S. Y. Tong*, Phys. Rev. B 97, 241111(R) (2018).
8. "Two-Dimensional Semiconducting Boron Monolayers", S. G. Xu, X. T. Li, Y. J. Zhao, J. H. Liao, W. P. Xu, X. B. Yang*, and H. Xu*, J. Am. Chem. Soc 139, 17233-17236 (2017).
7. "Ferromagnetic Weyl semimetal phase in tetragonal structure", Y. J. Jin, R. Wang, Z. J. Chen, J. Z. Zhao, Y. J. Zhao, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. B 96, 201102(R) (2017).
6. "Recipe for generating Weyl semimetals with extended topologically protected features", R. Wang, J. Z. Zhao, Y. J. Jin, W. X. Xu, L.-Y. Gan, X. Z. Wu, H. Xu*, and S. Y. Tong, Phys. Rev. B 96, 121104(R) (2017).
5. "The Prediction of a Family Group of Two-dimensional Node-Line Semimetals", Y. J. Jin, R. Wang, J. Z. Zhao, Y. P. Du, C. D. Zheng, L. Y. Gan, J. F. Liu, H. Xu*, and S. Y. Tong*, Nanoscale 9, 13112 (2017).
4. "Quasi-One-Dimensional Metal-Insulator Transitions in Compound Semiconductor Surfaces", J. Z. Zhao, W. Fan, M. J. Verstraete, Z. Zanolli, J. Fan, X. B. Yang, H. Xu*, and S. Y. Tong*, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 116101 (2016).
3. "The nucleation and growth of borophene on the Ag (111) surface", S. G. Xu, Y. J. Zhao, J. H. Liao, X. B. Yang*, and H. Xu*, Nano Res. 9, 2616 (2016).
2. "Comment on "Interplay between Water and TiO2 Anatase (101) Surface with Subsurface Oxygen Vacancy"", J. Fan, J. Z. Zhao, H. Xu*, and S. Y. Tong, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 149601 (2015).
1. "Stabilizing forces acting on ZnO polar surfaces: STM, LEED, and DFT", H. Xu, L. Dong, X. Q. Shi, M. A. Van Hove, W. K. Ho, N. Lin, H. S. Wu, and S. Y. Tong*, Phys. Rev. B 89, 235403 (2014).
◆ Young Science Research Project Awarded by National Natural ScienceFundation of China (NSFC)，Principal Investigator (PI). The state ofwater adsorption on metal oxdie surfaces.