Prof. Junhao Lin was born in 1986 and got his Ph.D. in Vanderbilt University, Tennessee, USA in 2015. His Ph.D. thesis was conducted in Oak Ridge National Lab, USA, under the supervision of Dr. Wu Zhou (experimental) and Prof. Sokrates Pantelides (theoretical). He investigated the correlations between the atomic structure and the property of two-dimension (2D) materials through the synergetic combination of experiment and theory，including high resolution scanning transmission electron microscopy and first principle density functional theory calculations. He was awarded the JSPS fellowship after graduation and joined the Electron Microscopy Group in National Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan for his postdoctoral research, as hosted by Dr. Kazu Suenaga. His postdoctoral work mainly includes the in-situ atomic characterizations of the phase transition in 2D materials under high/low temperature, and the exploration of the optical property on a single atom level via high energy resolution electron energy loss spectroscopy. Prof. Junhao Lin has an academic background in both experiment and theory, where he synergistically combines each other to study various complex defect structures in numerous emerging 2D materials. Combing the atomic resolution imaging and theoretical calculations, he demonstrated the formation mechanism of various defects, and proposed that the atomic structure of some defects can be engineered to improve the performance of the material. These works are of essential importance to the electronic and optoelectronic applications of 2D materials. So far, Prof. Junhao Lin has published more than 80 papers as first (co-first) and correspondence author in various high impact journals, including Nature, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Materials, Nano Letters, PRL, Advanced Materials, ACS Nano and etc., total citations exceeding 8600, H index 38. He joined Southern University of Science and Technology in 2018 as an associate professor.
2010-2015, Vanderbilt University, Ph.D.
2005-2009, Southern China University of Technology, B.S.
2018.5-present, Southern University of Science and Technology, Associate Professor
2015.10-2018.5, National Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, JSPS fellow
2016 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Overseas Researchers, Japan
2015 UT-Battelle Award Night Graduate Student Researcher, Oak Ridge National Lab, USA
2015 Presidential Scholar Award, Microscopy & Microanalysis Conference, USA
2015 Most Outstanding Student Publication Award, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt University
2014 Graduate Student Silver Award, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA
2014 Award Finalist (Category: IT Hardware), World Technology Awards and Summit, New York City, NY
2011 Robert T. Lagemann Award for the most outstanding 1st year graduate student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt University
I have published more than 80 papers in
various high impact journals and co-authored a book chapter with Prof.
Wu Zhou on Defects in 2D materials. The following list only displays the
important work published in the recent years. For a detailed list of
publication please see my google scholar or Researcher ID (link
Equal contributors denoted with †. Corresponding author denoted with*. High impact journals are highlighted in red.
1. A library of atomcally-thin metal chalcogenides. Jiadong Zhou†, Junhao Lin†*, Xiangwei Huang, Yao Zhou, Yu Chen, Juan Xia, Hong Wang, Yu Xie, Huimei Yu, Jincheng Lei, Di Wu, Fucai Liu, Qundong Fu, Qingsheng Zeng, Chuang-Han Hsu, Changli Yang, Li Lu, Ting Yu, Zexiang Shen, Hsin Lin, Boris I. Yakobson, Qian Liu, Kazu Suenaga, Guangtong Liu* and Zheng Liu* Nature, 556, 355 (2018)
2. Electron-beam-induced synthesis of hexagonal 1H-MoSe2 from square β-FeSe decorated with Mo adatoms. John A. Brehm†*, Junhao Lin†*, Jiadong Zhou, Hunter Sims, Zheng Liu, Sokrates T. Pantelides and Kazu Suenaga. Nano Letters, 18, 2016 (2018)
3. Anisotropic ordering in 1T′molybdenum and tungsten ditelluride layers alloyed with sulphur and selenium. Junhao Lin*, Jiadong Zhou, Sebastian Zuluaga, Peng Yu, Meng Gu, Zheng Liu, Sokrates T. Pantelides, and Kazu Suenaga. ACS Nano, 12, 894 (2018)
4. High-quality monolayer superconductor NbSe2 grown by chemical vapour deposition
Hong Wang†, Xiangwei Huang†, Junhao Lin†, Yu Chen, Jian Cui, Chao Zhu, Qingsheng Zeng, Jiadong Zhou, Fucai Liu, Peng Yu, Xuewen Wang, Haiyong He, Siu Hon Tsang, Kazu Suenaga, Changli Yang, Li Lu, Ting Yu, Edwin Hang Tong Teo*, Guangtong Liu*, and Zheng Liu*. Nature Communications, 8, 394 (2017)
5. A novel Pd2Se3 two-dimensional phase driven by interlayer fusion in layered PdSe2. Junhao Lin*, Sebastian Zuluaga, Peng Yu, Zheng Liu, Sokrates T. Pantelides, and Kazu Suenaga*. Physical Review Letters, 119, 016101 (2017)