Qihang Liu, Associate Professor at the Department of Physics, SUSTC. Prof. Liu’s research interest is theoretical condensed matter physics and computational materials science, special focus is on novel physical properties induced by spin-orbit coupling, topological insulators, strong correlation physics, electronic and structural properties of crystals, surfaces, and interfaces, low-dimensional systems and nano-materials, and electron transport through nanostructures. Prof. Liu has published more than 80 peer-reviewed journal articles including Nat. Phys., PRX, PRL, PRB, Nano Lett., Adv. Func. Mater., and has received more than 5000 citations based on Google Scholar.
2007 – 2012: Ph. D. in Condensed Matter Physics, State Key Laboratory of Mesoscopic Physics and Department of Physics, Peking University, Beijing, China
2003 – 2007: Bachelor of Science, Department of Physics, Peking University, Beijing, China
2018-Present: Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2013 – 2018: Research Associate Faculty, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
2012 – 2013: Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
1. P. Liu, J. Li, J. Han, X. Wan*, Q. Liu*, Spin-group symmetry in magnetic materials with negligible spin-orbit coupling, Phys. Rev. X 12, 021016 (2022)
2. J. Li, Q. Yao, L. Wu, Z. Hu, B. Gao, X. Wan*, Q. Liu*, Designing light-element materials with large effective spin-orbit coupling, Nat. Commun. 13, 919 (2022)
3. W. Chen, M. Gu, J. Li, P. Wang, Q. Liu* Role of Hidden Spin Polarization in Nonreciprocal Transport of Antiferromagnets Phys. Rev. Lett. 129, 276601 (2022)
4. M. Gu, J. Li, H. Sun, Y. Zhao, C. Liu, J. Liu*, Q. Liu*, Spectral signatures of the surface anomalous Hall effect in magnetic axion insulators, Nat. Commun. 12, 3524 (2021)
5. H. Sun, B. Xia, Z. Chen, Y. Zhang, P. Liu, Q. Yao, H. Tang, Y. Zhao, H. Xu, Q. Liu*, Rational design principles of quantum anomalous Hall effect from superlatticelike magnetic topological insulators, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 096401 (2019)
For a detailed list of publication please see my google scholar or research group homepage (link attached).
research group homepage：https://liuqh.phy.sustech.edu.cn/publications/
Serving as a manuscript referee for scientific peer-reviewed journals, including：
Nature, Nature Materials, Nature Communications, Science Advances, Physical Review X, Physical Review Letters, Physical Review B, Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, ACS Nano, etc.