Xiaoguang Ma is Assistant Professor at Center for Complex Flows and Soft Matter Research and Department of Physics. He obtained his bachelor's and master's degree from Sun Yat-Sen University. After receiving his Ph.D. in physics from the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, he was appointed LRSM-Solvay Fellow at University of Pennsylvania, focusing on soft matters and complex fluids. He was also an investigator at Solvay's Complex Assemblies of Soft Matter Center and NASA's Advanced Colloids Experiment at the International Space Station. He already published 15 papers in peer-reviewed journals, including Science, PNAS, and Phys. Rev. Lett. He serves as a referee for Phys. Rev. Lett.，Phys. Rev. E，J. Chem. Phys., and Soft Matter.
B.A., Sun Yat-Sen University
M.S., Sun Yat-Sen university
Ph.D, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Member of American Physical Society;
Referee for Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. E, Soft Matter, J. Chem. Phys.
Best Student Presentation Award, the 16th Conference of Physical Society of Hong Kong (2013);
Young Scientist Award, School of Science, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (2014);
The Journal of Chemical Physics Editor's Choice Award, Division of Chemical Physics, American Physical Society (2020).
1. X.-G. Ma*, Y. Su, P.-Y. Lai, and P. Tong. "Colloidal dynamics over a tilted periodic potential: Forward and reverse transition probabilities and entropy production in a non-equilibrium steady state," Phys. Rev. E 96, 012601 (2017) (Editors’ Suggestion)
2. X. G. Ma*, Z. S. Davidson, T. Still, R. Ivancic, S. S. Schoenholz, D. M. Sussman, A. J. Liu and A. G. Yodh, "Heterogeneous activation, local structure and softness in supercooled colloidal liquids," Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 028001 (2019) (Editors’ Suggestion)
3. X. G. Ma*, J. Liu, Y. Zhang, P. Habdas, and A. G. Yodh, "Excess entropy and long-time diffusion in colloidal fluids with short-range interparticle attraction," J. Chem. Phys. 150, 144907 (2019) (Top 5 JCP papers)
4. A. Seiphoori, X.-G. Ma, P. E. Arratia, and D. J. Jerolmack, "Formation of stable aggregates by fluid-assembled solid bridges," Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 117, 3375 (2020)
5. K. L. Galloway, X.-G. Ma*, N. C. Keim, D. J. Jerolmack, A. G. Yodh, and P. E. Arratia, "Scaling of relaxation and excess entropy in plastically deformed amorphous solids," Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 117, 11887 (2020)