Office：College of Science P5100
Jack Ng has published ~50 journal papers (as of 2021) in internationally recognized journals, including first author or corresponding author publications in Nature Photonics, Nature Communications, Science Advances, and Physical Review Letters.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
2001/9 – 2005/9 Physics / PhD (HKUST)
1998/9 – 2001/7 Applied Physics / BSc (HKUST)
Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech)
2019/9 – Current Department of Physics / Associate Professor
Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
2012/9 –2019/8 Department of Physics / Assistant Professor
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
2010/9 – 2012/8 Department of Physics /Research Assistant Professor
2005/9- 2010/11 Department of Physics /Research Associate (HKUST)
Peacock Talent Project (Level C)
1. Non-Hermitian physics for optical manipulation uncovers inherent instability of large clusters Nature Communications 12, 6597 (2021). Xiao Li, Yineng Liu, Zhifang Lin, Jack Ng (corresponding author), and C. T. Chan.
2. Lateral optical force due to the breaking of electric-magnetic symmetry Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 073901 (2020). Huajin Chen, Hongxia Zheng, Wanli Lu, Shiyang Liu, Jack Ng (corresponding author), and Zhifang Lin (corresponding author) .
3. Optical pulling at Macroscopic Distances Science Advances 5, eaau7814 (2019). Xiao Li,* Jun Chen,* Zhifang Lin, and Jack Ng (corresponding author) *These authors contributed equally.
4. Optical pulling force (cover stories of Nature Photonics) Nature Photonics 5, 531 (2011). Jun Chen*, Jack Ng* (corresponding author), Zhifang Lin*, and C. T. Chan* *These authors contributed equally.
5. Theory of optical trapping by an optical vortex beam Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 103601 (2010). Jack Ng, Zhifang Lin, and C. T. Chan.