Office：College of Science P4103
Xu Hu is currently a professor at the Southern University of Science and Technology. He obtained his bachelor's degree from Shandong University in 2005 and earned his Ph.D. from the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2010. As one of the first full-time professors to sign with the university, he joined the Southern University of Science and Technology in August 2011. His main research area is computational condensed matter physics, with a particular focus on the structure and performance regulation of quantum materials. He has published over 100 research papers in prestigious journals such as Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. B, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Nano Lett., Chem, and Matter, with him as the corresponding or first author. Among these, 40 papers belong to the Phys. Rev. Lett. and Phys. Rev. series. His papers have been cited over 5,000 times in total. As the project leader, he has undertaken 9 national and provincial research projects from institutions like the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology. During his tenure at the university, he has been honored with awards such as the Guangdong Provincial Science and Technology Award - Youth Science and Technology Innovation Award, the Special Allowance from the Shenzhen Municipal Government, Shenzhen Outstanding Teacher, and the university's "Junior Faculty of The Year", "Excellent Postgraduate Supervisor Award", and "Presidential Early Career Award for Excellence in Research".
Sep 2005-Jan 2010: Ph. D. in Condensed Matter Physics, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Sep 2001-Jul 2005: B. Sc. in Physics, School of Physics, Shandong University
Oct 2020-present: Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
Feb 2018-Sep 2020: Associate Professor with Tenure, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
Aug 2012-Jan 2018: Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
Mar 2010-Jul 2011: Senior Research Associate, City University of Hong Kong
Jul 2008-Dec 2009: Research Assistant, City University of Hong Kong
2023 - Outstanding Teacher in Shenzhen
2022 - Guangdong Provincial Science and Technology Award - Youth Innovation in Science and Technology
2019 - The Expert Enjoying Special Allowances from Shenzhen
2017 - Guangdong Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar
2017 - Young Top-Notch Talent of Special Support Program in Guangdong Province, China
1. "Three-Dimensional Dirac Phonons with Inversion Symmetry", Z. J. Chen, R. Wang, B. W. Xia, B. B. Zheng, Y. J. Jin, Y. J. Zhao*, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. Lett. 126, 185301 (2021).
2. "Two-Dimensional Dirac Semimetals without Inversion Symmetry", Y. J. Jin, B. B. Zheng, X. L. Xiao, Z. J. Chen, Y. Xu, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 116402 (2020).
3. "Symmetry-Protected Topological Triangular Weyl Complex", R. Wang, B. W. Xia, Z. J. Chen, B. B. Zheng, Y. J. Zhao, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 105303 (2020).
4. "Symmetry-Protected Ideal Type-II Weyl Phonons in CdTe", B. W. Xia, R. Wang, Z. J. Chen, Y. J. Zhao, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 065501 (2019).
5. "Robust Twin Pairs of Weyl Fermions in Ferromagnetic Oxides", B. W. Xia, Y. J. Jin, J. Z. Zhao, Z. J. Chen, B. B. Zheng, Y. J. Zhao, R. Wang*, and H. Xu*, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 057205 (2019).