Joint Associate Professor of SIQSE and Physics Department. Resesarch area include quantum optics and atomic, molecular and optical physics. Research projects include national science foundation in precision measurement, quantum control etc.
2003/09- 2007/06, Physics，Sun Yat-Sen University, Bachelor of Science (Physics)
2007/09-2009/01, Physics Department，Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Master of Philosophy (Physics)
2009/02-2012/02, Physics Department，Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Doctor of Philosophy (Physics)
2012.03---2019.05 East China Normal University, Physics Department, Research Professor
2019.05 to present, Southern University of Science and Technology, China, Physics Department and Shenzhen Institute for Quantum Science and Technology, Joint Associate Professor
2019.12 to present, Topical Editor, Journal of the Optical Society of America B (JOSA B)
Winner of 2011 Young Scientist Award in Physical/Mathematical Science, awarded by Hong Kong Institution of Science;
2016 Critical Progress of Optics in China: Temporal Purity and Quantum Interference of Single Photons from Two independent Cold Atomic Ensembles.
1. W. Du, J. F. Chen, Z. Y. Ou, W. Zhang, Quantum dense metrology by an SU(2)-in-SU(1,1) nested interferometer, Appl. Phys. Lett. 117, 024003 (2020).
2. R. Wen, C. –L. Zou, X. Zhu, P. Chen, Z. Y. Ou, J. F. Chen* and W. Zhang*, “Non-Hermitian magnon-photon interference in an atomic ensemble”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 253602 (2019).
3. Chenyu Zhang ,J. F. Chen, Chaohan Cui, Jonathan P. Dowling, Z. Y. Ou, and Tim Byrnes, "Quantum teleportation of photonic qudits using linear optics", Phys. Rev. A 100, 032330 (2019).
4. C. Yang, Z. Gu, P. Chen, Z. Qin, J. F. Chen*, and W. Zhang*, “Tomography of the temporal-spectral state of subnatural-linewidth single photons from atomic ensembles”, Phys. Rev. Applied 10, 054011 (2018).
5. P. Qian, Z. Gu, R. Wen, W. Zhang, and J. F. Chen*, “Temporal interference with frequency-controllable long photons from independent cold atomic sources”, Phys. Rev. A 97, 013806 (2018).
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=zh-CN&user=b_0q3hQAAAAJ